More about project
Basic goals of the project:
- prepare a methodology and descriptors for select fields of key competences;
- train expert associates for the implementation of overhauled programmes for disadvantaged groups of adults to raise the level of literacy and computer literacy and for the implementation of programmes for young people who leave school early;
- develop new study materials aimed at raising the level of literacy;
- spread the implementation of approaches for the evaluation and recognition of knowledge and experience acquired by adults informally to all adult education networks;
- develop new tools and approaches for the evaluation and recognition of knowledge and experience acquired by adults informally and
- train expert associates in the implementation of procedures for the evaluation and recognition of knowledge and experience acquired by adults informally.
The project was divided into two activities that were further broken down into individual assignments. The two activities represented complete units in terms of content and were aimed at the achievement of project goals:
Adult Literacy Development 2011–2014
The first activity was geared towards the development of a methodology and preparation of descriptors of key competences, i.e. in four domains (communication in the mother tongue, mathematical competence and basic competences in science and technology, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship and learning to learn). The activity included:
- training teachers and mentors to develop and evaluate basic abilities of educationally disadvantaged groups of adults;
- implementation of the already overhauled programmes and updating of programmes for the basic education of adults and
- preparation of new professional and study materials and ICT materials for the raising of general adult literacy.
The activity was broken down into three independent assignments:
- development of descriptors of key competences in selected areas:
- training of expert associates and incremental introduction of parts of new programmes and
- development of new professional and study materials.
As part of the development assignment, we developed the methodology for the preparation of descriptors of basic abilities and essential competences in 4 domains and on various levels. The descriptors were offered to the professional public in the form of four study materials available in electronic format. Based on the evaluation and overhaul of the publicly recognised programmes for adults that took place in the 2009–2014 period, we designed a permanent professional training programme that is planned to be conducted in the form of action research.
Results of the two-year project:
- network of teachers and mentors who have received supplementary training for work according to the overhauled publicly recognised programmes;
- model of permanent professional advancement of teachers and mentors and training of teachers in the implementation of a new programme for young people;
- professional handbook enabling higher quality of the work of teachers and mentors with vulnerable groups of adults;
- 4 educational movies and 1 audio resource dealing with the topic of key competences.
The results of the work performed in the area of the first activity, Adult Literacy Development 2011–2014, is available here.
Assessment and Recognition of Non-Formal Adult Learning 2012–2014
The second activity was aimed at the further development and implementation of models and tools for the assessment and recognition of the knowledge and experience acquired by adults informally and ad-hoc. More about the activity and its results is available here (in the Slovenian language).
Project manager: Tanja Vilič Klenovšek, MA
Project coordinator: Estera Možina, MA
Project associates for the area of competences: Petra Javrh, PhD, Katja Bider, Špela Lenič, and Manuel Kuran
Associates for administration and finance: Kristjan Zemljič, Aleksandra Radojc
Project value: EUR 518,300.00, 85% or EUR 440,555.00 was contributed by the European Social Fund and 15% or EUR 77,745.00 by the Ministry of the Republic of Slovenia for Education, Science and Sport.
Project implementation period: September 2011 – March 2014